Sponsorship of Youth Sailors Criteria
Support of youth sailors will be at the discretion of the Management Committee and will be based on the following criteria. Support will be considered up to a maximum of £1500 per year for our youth sailors towards entry to national and international events. This sum is for the whole of Youth support and will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- applicant must be over 18years old and less than 22years old at the time of application
- applicant should have reached RYA national squad level or its equivalent but not be in receipt of RYA financial support.
- support will only be given for a maximum of three years to any individual
- the club will look favourably on the use of club resources such as ribs and cameras for training purposes.
- extra support may be negotiated in return for use of the youths expertise e.g. club coaching.
The aim of this support is to help youths who have already shown the potential and commitment to become top international sailors to bridge the gap to achieving a position where they are financially supported by the RYA or elsewhere.